Social Media Policy
The BCSC’s social media pages are monitored and moderated. We post, like, and retweet content that we feel will help better inform the financial services industry and investors.
Examples of the content you can expect to find are:
- BCSC news releases, investor alerts and warnings, and speeches
- Photos and videos from events and advertising campaigns
- Links to relevant media articles, and blog or social media posts (eg. retweets)
- Weekly reports, job postings, and website notifications
- Various content from other securities regulators and government agencies
- Reponses to questions and comments from the public
Social Media Channels as a Source of Official Policy
Information posted to these channels should not be considered as the authoritative source of guidance from the BCSC or Canadian Securities Administrators. Please refer to the BCSC’s website for official updates.
Following, Liking, & Linking
We follow, friend, and like stakeholders and partners, members of the media, and individuals. Generally, we try to connect with those who share insights into investing, regulatory policy, consumer protection, and other relevant topics. A link, follow, or like does not imply an endorsement of any kind.
We retweet, like, comment, and blog about material that we deem of interest to our audiences. These actions should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the originator, the content they post, or of any organization the content refers to.
Replies, Comments, & Questions
We monitor and moderate our social media pages. We post and respond to posts or comments during regular business hours. We endeavour to read and respond to a comments, @tweets, direct messages, etc. within one business day of receiving it. We may not respond to every comment or question.
We cannot engage in political issues or answer questions that break the rules of our Code of Conduct.
The BCSC reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the BCSC.
The BCSC reserves the right to remove comments that are:
- Vulgar, abusive, or offensive
- Personal attacks
- Product promotions, advertising, or spam
- Stock recommendations or promotions
- Unsupported accusations
- Confidential information, such as ongoing investigations or confidential filings
- Unintelligible or irrelevant
- Not authored by the sender
We do not post questions from the media or answer media questions via social media. We ask members of the media to send questions to the BCSC through the normal channels.
If you have questions about our social media policies please email us at email@example.com, or call 1-800-373-6393.